Friday, June 18, 2010

Motivational, My Left Kneecap

Motivational quotes are often genuinely motivational.  Sometimes they're silly, however, and sometimes I just find them depressing when they seek to inspire me to an attitude I can't seem to muster.

One time, a number of years ago, I was making my first visit to the office of a mental health professional.  The receptionists desk had a page-a-day calendar from the manufacturer of a psychiatric medication.  I don't remember the quote on the page, but I've always remembered it as "Stride Confidently Into Your Glorious Future!"

I chuckled to myself with an ironic, mirthless chuckle.  I called the quote to the receptionist's attention and said, "If I could do that, I wouldn't be here!"

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
T Minus Two by Bob Pedersen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.