Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Diabetes Limericks

I wrote the below as relief from having written several rather earnest posts. I hope none of the below crosses the line from funny to offensive for you, and hope that you'll forgive me if they do.

My doctor had offered me kudos
On maintaining an excellent glucose
But I blew it away
On the way home that day
That sweet shop was entirely too close!

A 'betic in old Narragansett
Who hated to swap out her lancet,
Said, "I know that it's strange,
But it's annoying to change,
So I guess that I'll just have to chance it!"

My pharmacist showed an example
Of a test strip that took a small sample
"You don't need a quart,
I'm pleased to report,
A teensy bit ought to be ample!"

5 comments:

  1. Oh gosh, I'd have a hard time believing these limericks could offend anyone. They are cute and brought a big smile to my face this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amazing!! I think I've been inspired, Bob...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awe, those are cute.

    I'd use them. Nice start to the day.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What ^^ she said. :-)

    Those took some thought, Sir Bob! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anonymous2:06 PM

    Fun. :)

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
T Minus Two by Bob Pedersen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.