Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Grading My Cooking

When I've cooked something that was in any way experimental, I tend to assign a letter grade. Here's my scale:
D: Edible, in the technical sense of not being toxic. Most "D" stuff gets thrown away. Fortunately, I don't have this happen very often. Maybe this just shows that my standards are low.
C: Edible, in the broader sense of being acceptable eating. When I'm trying something really new, this is my goal. There's nothing wrong with a "C" meal, and I'd hate to be in the position of having to have better than this to be happy.
B: "Hey...that's pretty good!"
A: Foot stomping good. I don't hit this too often. My pickled roasted red peppers hit this level. I did a pork roast recently that turned out quite well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
T Minus Two by Bob Pedersen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.