Friday, February 25, 2011

Rogani Roti

As part of my effort to bring more whole grains into my diet, I've been thinking about playing with some flatbreads. I figure they'd be easier to make than yeast breads, and pretty flexible as to how they could be used.

Tonight was my first actual effort, "rogani roti" ("rich bread") made from the second recipe on this page. I cut the recipe in half, and I used "white whole wheat" flour. The dough seemed to require quite a bit more milk than anticipated, but it's been a long time since I made bread.

They were actually pretty good. I had one with a little butter, and one with a sprinkling of cinnamon. They're pretty misshapen. They're supposed to be a much better oval than this. Oh, well!

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
T Minus Two by Bob Pedersen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.