Saturday, May 15, 2010

Diabetes Blog Week: Saturday -- Picture This

I've spent a fair amount of time thinking about what word I would use for the "Word in the Hand" project done over at Tudiabetes.org.  About a month ago, I came up with my word, and thought I would share it with you today.


My word is "waiting", and it seems to me to be a good word for my stage of Type 2 diabetes, at least as seen through my personality.  Right now, my health is okay.  My fasting BGs are normally pretty good, and beyond feet that sometimes tingle, no signs of any complications.  (As far as that goes, my circulation could be iffy for completely non-diabetes-related reasons. )

But, how long is that going to last?  I'm waiting for something to go wrong: a significant decrease in pancreatic function requiring more aggressive treatment, the onset of complications, maybe even a cardiovascular event.

Yes, I know: I should be optimistically and with self-empowerment and faith making those changes that might well help me prevent or long delay any of those things.  Yet one more healthy habit I don't seem able to pull off.

You can also see photos relevant to my diabetes life in this post and in this post.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
T Minus Two by Bob Pedersen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.