Sunday, May 16, 2010

Diabetes Blog Week: Sunday - If There Was A Cure

Today's topic was to discuss what I would do should there be a cure.

My first response, I confess, was silly.  Find a good Italian restaurant.  Order angel hair pasta with olive oil, garlic, and good parmesan.  Tell 'em to keep it coming until I cried "Uncle!".

But then I thought more about it.

If I could take a pill....

If I could take a pill that would not only make my insulin resistance go away but undo any damage that has been done to my pancreas....

If, further, this wonderful little pill also magically cured the whole cluster of maladies that like to hang out with Type 2, such as high cholesterol, hypertension, sleep apnea, and depression....

If all these things were true, if all these symptoms went away....

Wow.  What would it be like?

What it would be like to not worry every time I eat, every time I fail to exercise, every time I forget my meds, if I've just made the "last straw" mistake that will doom my pancreas, my feet, my kidneys, my heart, my ability to recognize my friends, or my ability to face the day?

That would be a new day, indeed.  And I'm unable to imagine what it would be like.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous9:39 PM

    I don't think your initial response is silly at all! Sounds like a plan to me!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
T Minus Two by Bob Pedersen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.