Wednesday, May 19, 2010

I Want a New Feed

I've previously addressed various frustrations with health/diabetes news feeds -- you know, the ones that constantly tell me that something I've got probably caused something else I've got or puts me at dire risk for something I don't yet have.  There are other traps, too -- over the last couple of days, I've seen a number of things about the Dire Awfulness of something I do that I'd regarded as pretty dang benign.  Oh, joy.

I want a new feed -- a custom Bob Health News Service.

In order for this service to work, I'd daily post a few things that I did well in the health area, or at least failed to do wrong.  The service would respond with a drizzle of stories about the wonderful benefits of what I'd done.  For example, tonight I cooked unbreaded chicken wings, put about half of them away for tomorrow, and also had some spinach.  When I went to look at my feed, there would be stories proclaiming the virtues of small changes, how much fat is saved by not breading fried food, and the wonderous benefits of green leafy vegetables.  On a day when the best I can say is that I didn't eat barbecued ribs with my pizza, the stories would be along the lines of "Continued Respiration Proven to Delay Death!"

Doesn't that sound like fun?

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
T Minus Two by Bob Pedersen is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Noncommercial-No Derivative Works 3.0 United States License.